Driver Qualification Certificate (FQN) Exhibition
In accordance with EU Directive 2018/645, the Driver Qualification Certificate (FQN) will be introduced from 25 May 2021, which will replace the previous entry of the key number 95 in the driving licence. Upon request, the competent authority under state law shall issue proof of driver qualification if the driver is demonstrably basically qualified or is considered to be basically qualified.
The application shall be accompanied by the following documents:
- official proof of the day and place of birth,
- a photograph that meets the requirements of Appendix 8 of the Passport Ordinance,
- a valid driving licence indicating the category of driving licence relevant to the initial qualification, accelerated initial qualification or further training,
- an official proof of normal residence within the meaning of § 7 paragraph 1 or paragraph 2 of the Driving Licence Ordinance in the Federal Republic of Germany, an EU work permit issued in the Federal Republic of Germany or a residence permit showing that gainful employment is permitted (§ 4a paragraph 3 of the Residence Act),
- Proof of qualification (e.g. completion of training or initial qualification or 35 teaching units of further education) and
- if other completed special training or further education measures are to be credited in accordance with § 2 paragraph 5 or § 4 paragraph 4 BKrFQV and no entry has yet been made in the professional driver qualification register in this regard, a legally prescribed proof of the completion of the respective measure.
Upon request, the competent authority under state law shall issue proof of driver qualification if the driver is demonstrably basically qualified or is considered to be basically qualified.
What happens if the driver qualification certificate is lost, stolen, damaged or changed?
In the event of changes to the facts on which the information on the driver qualification certificate is based, a new one must be issued on request. The old proof must be returned to the authority.
If a driver qualification certificate is requested due to loss, theft or damage to an existing driver qualification certificate, the following must be submitted to the competent driving licence authority:
1. in the event of loss, a written declaration of loss
2. in the event of theft, proof of a report
3. in the event of damage to the driver qualification certificate to be renewed.
Professional Driver Qualification Act (BKrFQG)
After the application has been submitted by the customer, a driver qualification certificate is ordered from Bundesdruckerei and sent to the customer.
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication