Apply for the designation as an expert for long-term storage under the Landfill Ordinance
If you want to work as an expert or expert for long-term storage in accordance with the Landfill Ordinance, you must be designated by the competent authority.
Operators of long-term warehouses must meet certain requirements in the event of decommissioning so that the warehouse does not pose a danger to the general public or the environment.
Experts regularly monitor compliance.
If you wish to carry out the inspection, you must apply to the competent authority to appoint you as an expert or expert. The provision applies to the whole of Germany.
- Proof and information on the required expertise, independence, reliability and equipment
- If necessary, further documents must be provided after further inquiries from the competent authority.
- Copy of the certificate as an expert. In the absence of recognition, the opinion of a panel of experts set up at a Chamber of Commerce or Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the assessment of an expert's expertise shall be obtained for the professional assessment of expertise.
- Certificate of good conduct (document type OG, not older than 3 months)
- Information from the Central Trade Register (document type 9, not older than 3 months)
- Forms: no
- Online procedure: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
- They have the necessary expertise, independence, reliability and equipment. You have submitted the application in the country in which you have your place of business.
- If they are located abroad, submit the application in the country in which you want to carry out this activity as a priority.
§ 24 Abs. 2 Landfill Ordinance (DepV)
§ 24 Abs. 2 Deponieverordnung (DepV) in conjunction with § 5 Abs 3 Nr. 1 Bundesimmissionsschutzgesetz (BImSchG)
You must submit an informal application to the competent authority for designation as an expert for long-term storage in accordance with the Landfill Ordinance. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Prepare the informal application and attach the necessary documents. Where appropriate, the Authority will request further application documents.
- After examination by the competent authority, you will receive a written notification.
- The provision may be provided with a reservation of revocation, a time limit, with conditions, obligations and the reservation of conditions.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety
Last update or date of publication