Post-certification of a birth abroad Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Anyone born abroad can apply for the subsequent certification of the birth in the birth register.

Properly issued birth certificates from abroad are generally recognised in Germany. There is no obligation to post-notarization.
Any translations and certifications of the foreign document will therefore no longer apply in the future.

  • Foreign birth certificate with translation; if necessary, legalization / apostille,
  • valid identity card, passport or travel document,
  • marriage and birth certificates of the parents of the person to whom the entry refers,
  • if applicable, naturalization certificate / citizenship card.

In addition, the presentation of further documents may be required please inquire about this in advance at the responsible registry office.

The application can be made informally.
Eligible applicants are:

  • the person to be entered himself,
  • their parents,
  • their children,
  • the spouse or partner.
  • §§ 36, 59, 62 Civil Status Act (PStG),
  • Landesverordnung über Verwaltungsgebühren (Allgemeiner Gebührentarif) Tarifstelle VwGebV.

Related Links

  • PStG
  • VwGebV

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available