Promotion of social housing in town and city centres
Below you will find information on the promotion of social housing in town and city centres. This is offered by the state of Rhineland-Palatinate together with the Investitions- und Strukturbank Rheinland-Pfalz (ISB).
Together with the Investitions- und Strukturbank Rheinland-Pfalz (ISB), the state of Rhineland-Palatinate offers support for social housing in local and urban centres on the basis of the State Housing Promotion Act (LWoFG).
The purpose of the funding is to increase the attractiveness of inner-city and inner-city areas for housing through a corresponding supply of demand-oriented and contemporary affordable rental housing and thus to maintain and improve the social, cultural and leisure-related infrastructure as well as the supply infrastructure in the town and city centres.
Funding application including attachments.
Funding application FOR ISB loans
Who is funded?
- Investors who create inexpensive rental apartments in inner-city or inner-city areas and achieve one of the funding goals.
- First-time purchasers who acquire appropriately created living space and comply with the required occupancy and rental obligations during the subsequent transfer.
What is funded?
- Conversion, expansion, conversion and expansion measures on existing buildings, as well as associated modernization measures.
- New construction of rental housing after prior demolition.
- New construction of rental housing to close a vacancy.
- Measures to improve the living environment in connection with the aforementioned measures.
How is funding provided?
- With a subordinated loan secured by a mortgage and a one-time repayment subsidy.
- The loan amount is basically € 1,050 per square meter of eligible living space.
- For apartments with an eligible living space of up to 60 square meters, the loan is € 1,150 per square meter.
- In the case of apartments for households with income up to the income limit in accordance with § 13 paragraph 2 LWoFG, a repayment subsidy of 25 % is granted.
- If these apartments are built barrier-free, although this is not required by the State Building Code (LBauO), a repayment subsidy of 35 % is granted.
- In the case of dwellings for households with incomes up to 60 % above the income limit in accordance with § 13 paragraph 2 LWoFG, a repayment subsidy of 15 % is granted.
- If these apartments are built barrier-free, although this is not prescribed by the State Building Code (LBauO), a repayment subsidy of 25 % is granted.
Will not be funded if:
- there is no local need for rental housing,
- the property comprises less than three completed apartments after completion of the project,
- the area usable for residential use after completion is less than 60 % of the total building area,
- the living area is less than 30 square meters,
- construction cannot begin as soon as possible after the funding commitment,
- construction has begun before the funding commitment has been given,
- the conclusion of the purchase contract at the time of the first acquisition is more than three months ago,
- the living space is already occupied by unauthorised households or is rented to them,
- the living space is not intended and suitable for a permanent and adequate supply of housing (e.g. second homes or weekend homes).
Applications for funding can be submitted by all investors (e.g. municipalities, companies, private individuals) who are preparing a project described under the funding programme.
Also entitled to apply are all persons who acquire appropriately created living space as part of the initial acquisition and comply with the required occupancy and rental obligations in the subsequent provision of this living space.
Note: There is no legal entitlement to funding.
Administrative regulation Living in town and city centres
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication