Apply for apostille Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

German public documents and certificates intended for use abroad must be certified domestically under certain conditions if required by the foreign State. Certified the authenticity of the signature, the status in which the signatory has acted, and where appropriate, the authenticity of the seal or stamp bearing the document. The above-mentioned points on a document are confirmed by a certification followed by legalisation or by issuing an apostille, depending on the country of use. An apostille is required for countries that have acceded to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 on the exemption of foreign public documents from legalisation. You can find out which countries these are in detail on the website of the Foreign Office Certificates intended for other (non-joined) countries are certified. Legalisation is then carried out by a consular official at the foreign representation of the state in which the document is required, which is established in Germany.

Related Links

You need the original documents to be certified as well as your identity card,

Further information in the field of law and consular policy can be found on the websites of the Foreign Office and the German diplomatic missions.
If possible, check with the competent authority for the exact procedure before submitting an application. Visit the competent authority. Make an appointment by phone. Identify yourself with your ID card or passport. Tell us in which country you want to use the certificate. Present the certificate in the original. You pay the fee to the competent authority.