Motor vehicle: Registration certificate Part II (vehicle registration document) - change

Technical changes to the vehicle (e.g. performance increase, emission class, body type) must be noted in the registration certificate Part II (vehicle registration document).

But also name changes (e.g. by marriage) and a new address must be recorded.

In all cases

  • Registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration document)
  • Registration certificate Part II (vehicle registration document)
  • in the case of companies, additional business registration or excerpt from the commercial register
  • Identity card or
  • Passport with registration certificate from the residents' registration office
  • or (in the case of foreign citizens) foreign identity card and registration certificate from the residents' registration office.

If you instruct a third party to register the change, they will need a written power of attorney from you. In addition, he must present your identity document (in copy) to the licensing authority. He himself must have the identity document that applies to him with him in order to identify himself.

In addition, in case of technical changes

  • where applicable, opinions of an officially recognised expert
  • or confirmation of acceptance by a test engineer of an approved testing organization
  • Type approval of the parts manufacturer
  • Proof of the main inspection.
  • in case of change of vehicle type additionally the insurance confirmation (eVB number)

According to the Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV), any change must be reported to the registration authority immediately.

Related Links

  • ยง 13 Para. 1 Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Vehicle Registration Ordinance - FZV)
  • Scale of charges for road transport measures (RFees)

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available