Issuing a polling card Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

You have received an election notification but cannot appear in the polling room on Election Day. In this case, you can apply for election documents for a postal ballot. This contains the polling card. The election notification indicates where you are requesting the postal ballot documents. If you are unable to use the designated polling room due to a disability, you can also apply for a polling card. If you collect your polling card and postal ballot documents in person from the municipal or municipal administration, you have the opportunity to cast your vote on site. The administration ensures that you can mark your ballot paper unobserved and place it in the ballot paper envelope.

Election notification Power of attorney if a third person is to submit the application for you or receive your documents

You can apply for the ballot paper at the location indicated on the election notification. Another person may submit the application for you or receive your documents if you authorise them in writing.

They are entitled to vote in question and are registered in the electoral register. You have received an election notification.

The sending of the election documents is free of postage within the Federal Republic of Germany. If you are unable to cast your vote by postal ballot alone due to physical impairment or writing and reading problems, another person may help you. Your helper must be at least 16 years old and have an insurance policy to swearing instead confirm that the ballot paper has been marked according to your declared will. Further information on this topic can be found on the website of the Rhineland-Palatinate Land Returning Officer.
You can apply for your polling card as follows: You speak in person to the municipal or municipal administration and pick up the polling card there, You make a written request - use the form on the back of the election notification, You apply for the polling card electronically if your city or municipality offers such a procedure (online application, e-mail), You ask a representative who has your written authority to collect the documents for you. It is not possible to make a request by telephone.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior of North Rhine-Westphalia

Last update or date of publication