Examine social educators and social workers' requirements for granting state recognition Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

For foreign graduates, state recognition is granted after completion of social work programmes at (specialist) higher education institutions after examination of the prerequisites. For Rhineland-Palatinate graduates, the state recognition is granted by the university where the social work course has been completed.

For the examination of foreign accounts, the following documents must be submitted: Application (see "Applications / Forms") As officially certified copies: the original diploma or the bachelor's degree, the original appendix (Index / Diploma Supplement) for a diploma, or bachelor's degree from which the courses covered result, the translation of the diploma or bachelor's degree (by a publicly appointed or sworn interpreter or translator), the translation of the appendix to the diploma or bachelor's degree (by a publicly appointed or sworn interpreter or translator), Evidence of work experience and other qualifications of social work/social pedagogy obtained during or after studies, e.g. through work books and work certificates showing the social worker or socio-educational tasks and activities carried out. (If necessary, please have a translation by a publicly appointed or sworn interpreter or translator). In the case of a profession regulated in the State of training (a profession governed by legislation), an officially certified copy of a certificate of entitlement to practise in the training State must be presented and: the translation of the certificate of eligibility to practise in the training state (by a publicly appointed or sworn interpreter or translator). Other facilities: Simple copy of proof of identity, Simple copy of a marriage certificate if a different name (birth name) than the current one is indicated in the training documents Curriculum vitae tabular and Personal statement Further documents necessary in individual cases may be requested after receipt of the application.  

The application shall be made using the application form and with the necessary documentation.

Related Links

Foreign graduates: The application for state recognition can be submitted by anyone who has completed social work or social pedagogy in study programmes or in a course of study comparable in content at a state or state-recognised university of applied sciences/vocational academy. successfully completed a six-semester degree and then successfully completed a work placement (two-phase training) or a diploma degree, including two practical semesters accompanied by the University of Applied Sciences, with a diploma or has successfully completed a bachelor's degree, including a practical training of at least 60 credits with A Bachelor of Arts (single-phase education) and has the personal reliability and German language skills required for the exercise of the profession. Identified deficits which prevent the granting of state recognition may be compensated by adaptation measures. For more information, please contact the competent authority. .

No state recognition is provided for university studies as in the case of university degrees. For university degrees obtained abroad, you can apply for a certificate assessment of your university qualification. The Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) is responsible. You will be certified for your professional and academic use. The certificate assessment is intended to facilitate your access to the German labour market. Do not submit original documents and do not use application folders and visual covers. The documents submitted remain with the Ministry of Family Affairs, Women, Youth, Integration and Consumer Protection and will not be returned. We assume no liability for unsolicited original documents.