Request information from contaminated sites or soil protection registers

Suspected areas of old load are, on the one hand, land belonging to set-aside plants and other land on which environmentally hazardous substances have been handled (old sites) and, on the other hand, land belonging to decommissioned waste disposal facilities and other land on which waste has been treated, stored or deposited (old deposits). The competent authority shall maintain a contaminated site register, in which areas suspected of being contaminated with old loads are registered. A property owner or a person with a legitimate interest needs to know for various reasons whether there is a possible suspicion of contaminated land. For this purpose, an application can be made to the competent authority for information from the contaminated site register. In order to provide information to persons who are not themselves the owners of the requested land, a power of attorney of the owner must be presented.

An application is required, which requires the following information: your name and address, the exact name with address and/or area, parcel and parcel number of the parcel in question, if necessary, add a site plan, if the property is not your property. If the applicant is not the owner of the land: power of attorney of the landowner

Form designation: in planning If necessary, link to the aforementioned form: Online procedure possible: in planning Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: no

If you are not the owner of the land for which you are requesting information from the contaminated site register, you must attach a power of attorney to the landowner to the application.

The information given to you is based on information from the current contaminated site register. The contaminated register is continuously updated, changes and updates are reserved. No guarantee is given for the up-to-dateness and completeness of the contaminated site register and the information provided therefrom.
If you want to know whether there is official information about contaminated sites or harmful soil changes for a property, please submit an application for information from the contaminated site register. The relevant application form with the necessary information shall be forwarded to the competent authority in whose jurisdiction the property in question is located. You will then receive a notification from the authority as to whether the land concerned is registered in the contaminated site register and what information is recorded there. Since the contaminated site register is continuously updated, this contaminated site information represents the actual state of affairs, and subsequent changes are reserved.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Environment, Energy, Food and Forestry Rhineland-Palatinate

Last update or date of publication