Name Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you request a change of your surname and/or first name outside the provisions of civil law (e.g. not in the case of marriage or divorce), you must request this change of name under public law. Please note: Name changes can only be made for Germans within the meaning of the Basic Law, stateless, homeless foreigners, foreign refugees or persons entitled to asylum. Only important reasons justify changing the name. The reasons must therefore be set out in detail in the application. For a limited person with limited business, the legal representative makes the application (father, mother, guardian, caregiver); a guardian requires the approval of the Family Court, a caregiver of the care court. A limited person with a degree of 16 must be heard by the Family or Care Court on the application. The approval of the court and the proof of the outcome of the judicial hearing of the applicant shall be attached to the application. The application must include a statement as to whether a change of name has been requested earlier, when and with which authority, if necessary. The applicant must also declare that he is aware that the name change or the refusal or withdrawal of the application is subject to a fee. Please seek advice from the authority when filling in the application if there is any ambiguity.

Proof that the applicant is either German within the meaning of the Basic Law or stateless, homeless foreigner, foreign refugee, asylum seeker (e.g. citizenship card, passport, passport, identity card, identity card, child ID) Late emigrant certificate or expelled card (for late emigrants and displaced persons) a certified copy of the birth record for the applicant and for all persons to whom the change of surname is to extend; the documents must be of a newer date if the applicant is or was married, the marriage certificate In the event of a change of name for family law reasons, birth and marriage certificates of the members of the family whose name the applicant wishes to accept must also be presented. for persons who have reached the age of fourteen, a certificate of leadership in accordance with the Federal Central Register Act (to apply to the competent reporting authority; the certificate of leadership is sent directly by the issuing authority to the name change authority) Please note: The documents should be submitted in the original. In principle, all application documents remain within the authority. The original documents will be returned after the copies have been certified. In individual cases, further documents and evidence may be required to process the application. For more information, contact the appropriate name change authority.