License plate: red 07 (Oldtimer)
For vehicles that were first registered for traffic at least 30 years ago, a red license plate can be applied for. The day of the first admission is decisive.
For license plates issued up to 28 February 2007, the limitation of which expires before the vehicle in question is 30 years old, there is acquis protection in most federal states.
The red 07 license plate is an alternative to the H license plate and is particularly worthwhile when owning several vintage vehicles. With the issued certificate, the vehicles registered under the 07 number can be used as often as desired.
You may use this indicator only in the following cases:
- Participation in events that serve the presentation of vintage vehicles and the "care of the automotive cultural heritage", as well as for the arrivals and departures to such events
- Test drives, test drives and transfer drives
- Journeys for the purpose of maintenance and repair of vehicles
- first approved at least 30 years ago
- Opinion of an officially recognised expert or examiner for motor vehicle traffic or a test engineer of an officially recognised monitoring organisation
- good, largely original state of preservation of the vehicle
The requirements for obtaining a red classic car license plate may also be different in individual cases. Please check with the licensing authority responsible for you.
Upon receipt of the application, it will be checked whether the applicant is personally reliable. For this purpose, the municipal or city administration responsible for the applicant as well as the responsible police authority are consulted.
The registration authority shall issue a vehicle registration document booklet for several vehicles or a special vehicle registration document for each vehicle, even if only one red number plate is requested. In the case of one license plate and several vehicles, only the use of one of these vehicles is permitted at a time. Any use of the registration plate must be proven with a journey log for the respective vehicle.
- valid identity card or passport with current registration certificate from the registration authority of the place of residence, foreign nationals need a valid identity document with current confirmation of registration
- Registration certificate Part II / Vehicle registration documents of the vehicles to be registered. If no registration certificate Part II / vehicle registration document is available, a data sheet of a technical inspection body and a proof of ownership (purchase contract) must be submitted.
- List of vehicles for which a red number plate is requested
- Expert opinion on the classification of the vehicle(s) as a classic car
- Information from the Federal Central Register (certificate of good conduct)
Insurance confirmation (eVB number)
- SEPA direct debit mandate for the collection of motor vehicle tax
in the case of representation with written power of attorney additionally:
- If you engage a third party to decommission, they will need a written power of attorney from you; in addition, he must present your identity document (in the original) to the admissions office. He himself must have the identity document that applies to him with him in order to identify himself.
Vehicles with this license plate are subject to a flat motor vehicle tax of currently 46.02 euros for motorcycles or 191.73 euros for all other vehicles.
§ 17 Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV)
§ 23 Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available