License plate: Replacement
Your vehicle registration number has been damaged or is illegible) Then you as the owner are obliged to have a new license plate attached.
If the license plates of your vehicle have become damaged or illegible or if a sticker (stamp sticker or inspection sticker/AHU badge) has detached from the license plate, you as the holder are obliged to have a new sticker or several new stickers affixed to the previous or on the new license plate(s).
In the event of theft or loss of the license plates, a re-identification is necessary. For this purpose, the registration authority assigns a new number plate. In any case, report the theft to the police. In the event of theft of license plates, a report must be filed with the police.
- valid identity card or passport with the original of the last registration certificate of the place of residence; foreign nationals need a valid identity document with a current confirmation of registration
- a power of attorney if an authorised representative submits the application (the authorised representative's identity card and a copy of the vehicle owner's identity card are required
- Registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration document)
- in case of loss of the license plate(s), additional registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document)
- previous license plate(s)
- Test report of the last main inspection (HU) if the rear license plate needs to be replaced
Registration certificate Part I
Registration certificate Part II
§ 8 Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV)
§ 10 Train - Registration Ordinance
Annex to § 1 Fee Schedule for Measures in Road Traffic (RFees)
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication