SED Victim Compensation (Health Damage)

Have you suffered any damage to health as a result of an unjustified custodial sentence or other political persecution? Then you could be in supply.

Have you suffered damage to your health as a matter of health as a matter of unjustified deprivation of liberty or any other public measure which has served political persecution?

Then you may be able to receive benefits. In addition, further social compensation such as victim's pension or capital compensation may be considered. [LINK to bus service] SED victim compensation (victim's pension, capital compensation).

  • birth certificate, in the case of personal submission of the application, the identity card or passport,
  • Confirmation of registration,
  • medical documents in your possession (e.g. expert opinions), if applicable,
  • if necessary, a power of attorney, the supervisor's card or a certificate of proof of service.

Please refer to the relevant application form or ask for further required documents from the competent body.


The condition is that this measure has been repealed in the context of a rehabilitation procedure under the Administrative Rehabilitation Act (VwRehaG) or the Criminal Rehabilitation Act (StrRehaG) or declared incompatible with the fundamental principles of a constitutional state.

Related Links

  • Strafrechtlichen Rehabilitierungsgesetz (StrRehaG)
  • Verwaltungsrechtlichen Rehabilitierungsgesetz (VwRehaG)
  • H√§ftlingshilfegesetz (HHG)

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available