Vehicle registration: Re-registration in another registration district with retention of the previous license plate
You have moved to another registration district but would like to keep your old license plate? Then you must have your vehicle documents updated by the registration authority responsible for your new place of residence / place of business.
If a keeper has moved to another registration district, he must inform the registration authority responsible for the new place of residence or registered office of his new address and have the vehicle documents (registration certificates or vehicle registration document and vehicle registration document) corrected. In addition, he must inform the registration authority that he wishes to continue to use the previous license plate.
- valid identity card or passport with the original of the last registration certificate of the place of residence; foreign nationals need a valid identity document with a current registration certificate
- a power of attorney if an authorised representative submits the application (the authorised representative's identity card and a copy of the vehicle owner's identity card are required)
- Registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration document)
- Registration certificate Part II (vehicle registration document)
- Test report of the last main inspection (HU)
- Insurance confirmation (eVB number)
- additional business registration or excerpt from the commercial register
- in addition, extract from the register of associations and identification of the responsible person(s) entitled to signature (board)
for underage vehicle owners:
- additional declaration of consent of both parents or guardians (if applicable custody judgment) and their identity card/passport with registration certificate
You must have already registered at your new place of residence / company headquarters.
The license plates do not have to be presented when carrying license plates.
§ 6 Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV)
§ 13 Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV)
Annex to § 1 of the Schedule of Fees for Measures in Road Transport (GebOSt)
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication