Business registration Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

A business registration is always necessary when you start a standing business operation. This is the case with the creation of a new establishment, establishment of a new branch, establishment of a new dependent branch, Takeover of an existing business, e.B. by purchase or lease, conversion of a sole proprietorship into another legal form, Transfer of an establishment from the area of one authority to the area of another authority (considered a task for one authority and a new establishment for the other). The business registration must be made at the same time as the start of the operation. The obligation to notify exists only if it is a commercial activity. Excluded from the obligation to notify are the activities mentioned in § 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 GewO. These include: Raising children for pay Education The purpose of registering a business is to enable the competent authority to monitor the exercise of the trade and to carry out statistical surveys.

Completed form for business registration Proof of identity (e.B.: identity card or passport ) in the case of electronic business registration, other options for identification are also possible (for example, electronic identity card, De-Mail, PIN/TAN procedure). notarized articles of association or commercial register extract, consent of the shareholders (in the case of legal persons or partnerships) Declaration of consent shareholder Supplement Authorised representatives

They want to run a business. Traders are natural or legal persons (joint-stock company, limited liability company, registered cooperative or registered association, limited partnership on shares). The subject of notification is: individual trades of individuals, Partnerships (e.B. OHG, GbR) the shareholders entitled to manage, KG any personally liable partner, the limited partners of a KG only if they have management authority Corporations (e.B. GmbH, AG) the legal representative.

In the event of a change in legal form, you must submit both a business deregistration (for the abandonment under the old legal form) and a business registration (for the commencement of operations under the new legal form). What is a trade: Trade is any activity that is not socially unvalued, geared to the intention of making a profit and is long-term, carried out independently in its own name and on its own account. It does not matter whether a profit is actually made. No trade are in particular socially unvalued activities (e.B. clairvoyance), liberal professions (such as doctors, lawyers or tax consultants) or other activities that require a university degree. There is also no trade in primary production (e.B. agriculture and forestry), scientific management consulting or the management of one's own assets (e.B. an apartment building) as well as generally prohibited or socially unvalued activities (e.B. illegal gambling).
You must register the start of a standing trade with the competent authority. The same applies to the operation of a branch or a dependent branch. Some commercial activities are subject to permission. Others are subject to the need for monitoring. Additional requirements apply to them. Find out at an early stage which personal, financial and professional requirements you have to meet in order to be able to work in these commercial areas. You can register the business in person, in writing or electronically. For this purpose, use the form "Business Registration" (GewA 1) . If you do not register the trade yourself as a trader, but as a managing partner or as a legal representative, you need a written power of attorney. In the case of written or electronic business registration, you will receive the confirmation of your business registration (the so-called "business license") within 3 days, provided that you have completed the registration form completely and correctly. If you speak in person, you will receive the confirmation directly at the time of registration. The competent authority forwards the business registration to other bodies such as the tax office, the Chamber of Crafts or the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the register court and the professional association. If a permit is also required for your business (e.B. guarding industry, operation of a restaurant) and if this is not available, the competent authority may prohibit the continuation of the business. The procedure may be carried out through a single point of contact.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available