Restaurant permit provisional
Would you like to take over an existing restaurant business requiring a permit from another person? Then you can apply for a temporary restaurant permit until the final permit is granted.
Persons who wish to take over an already existing restaurant business requiring a permit from another person may be allowed to practise the catering business with a provisional permit until the final permit is granted.
Proof of personal reliability:
- Valid identity card or passport (upon presentation of the passport additionally a current registration certificate)*
- Current excerpt from the Federal Central Register for submission to an authority (certificate of good conduct)
- Current excerpt from the Central Trade Register for submission to an authority*
*The information must be requested from the municipality of residence for submission to an authority, i.e. it will be sent directly to it. It is essential that you indicate the exact address of the competent licensing authority and the intended use when applying. The information can also be requested in the online procedure provided by the Federal Office of Justice/Citizen Services. The information must not be older than three months.
To check your "professional" suitability:
- a certificate from the health authority about the initial instruction , which must not be older than 3 months when taking up the activity
Proof of information from a Chamber of Industry and Commerce in accordance with § 4 of the Restaurant Act
- Proof of exemption pursuant to No. 3.4 of the General Administrative Regulation on the Proof of Information in the Restaurant Act
Please note that the list is not exhaustive. As part of the review of your individual case, further documents may be required from the competent authority.
The start of the permitted activity must be notified to the competent authority.
Federal Office of Justice/Citizen Services
A provisional restaurant permit can only be granted for the unchanged takeover of existing businesses (not for new facilities or extensions).
The provisional permit can only be granted if the restaurant permit has already been applied for or is applied for at the same time with the presentation of the complete documents
To obtain a permit, you must prove the following:
- Your personal reliability
- Your "professional" suitability
§ 4 Restaurant Act (GastG)
§ 11 Restaurant Act (GastG)
§ 14 Industrial Code (GewO)
§ 43 Infection Protection Act (IfSG)
State Ordinance for the Implementation of the Restaurant Act (Gaststättenverordnung - GastVO)
The permit must be applied for at the competent authority.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available