Vehicle registration: Re-registration of a decommissioned vehicle

If a vehicle is deregistered (decommissioned), it can be re-registered on the previous or a new holder. If the previous indicator has been reserved, it can be reassigned. In addition, it is possible to obtain another (desired) number plate.

valid identity card or passport with original of the last registration certificate of the place of residence; foreign nationals need a valid identification document with an up-to-date registration certificate a power of attorney when an authorised representative makes the application (the representative's id card and a copy of the vehicle owner's identity card are required Registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration certificate) Registration certificate Part II (vehicle letter) (only if re-registered for a new holder) Proof of the vehicle's technical data (EC certificate of conformity (CoC paper), data confirmation, certificate of individual authorisation) if . decommissioning was more than seven years ago If none of these documents are available, it is necessary to submit an expert opinion from an officially recognised expert on motor vehicle traffic or a designated technical service; this also applies if the vehicle has been modified after the deregistration (decommissioning) previous number plate (if the previous number plate has been reserved and is to be re-allocated) Test report of the last main investigation (HU), Insurance confirmation (eVB number) at companies: additional business registration or commercial register extract at clubs: additionally an excerpt of the association register and the identification of the responsible person(s) responsible for signing in the case of underage vehicle owners: additional lynotation of both parents or legal guardians (if applicable custody judgment) and their identity card/passport with registration certificate

Related Links

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication