Extend your travel industry

For a travel business you need a travel trade card. You can have a temporary travel trade card renewed by the competent authority.

You operate a travel business if you offer goods for sale without a prior order (appointment) and operate outside your commercial branch (place of business) or without having one. The same applies if you visit (distribute) or purchase orders, offer services or visit orders for services or carry out entertaining activities as a showman or by showman type. The exercise of a travel business requires permission in the form of a travel trade card. The content of the travel trade card may be limited in content, granted with a time limit and subject to conditions, insofar as this is necessary for the protection of the general public or consumers; under the same conditions, the subsequent inclusion, amendment and supplementation of conditions is also permitted.

Travel trade card

  • Forms: none
  • Written form required: yes
  • Personal appearance at pick-up on site: yes
  • Online procedure possible: yes


You must already be in possession of a travel trade card.

  • § 55 Abs. 3 Gewerbeordnung (GewO)

Related Links

  • § 55 Industrial Code (GewO)

You can apply to your municipal or city administration for a subsequent change in the time limit of your travel trade card. To do this, contact the municipality or city administration in which you have your habitual residence or in which the future business will have its registered office.

Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy, Transport and Housing

Last update or date of publication