New vehicle registration from EU country

Vehicles may only be put into service on public roads if they are registered for traffic. In the case of a new vehicle with a general type-approval or EC type-approval, you must apply for an official registration number.

Completed application forms if necessary valid identity document (identity card or passport of the vehicle owner; on presentation of the passport additionally a current registration certificate) possibly foreign vehicle documents, otherwise purchase contract or import certificate CoC papers (incl. pollutant class / emission key) or if not available: Expert opinions in accordance with Section 13 of the EC-FGV or expert opinions in accordance with Section 21 StVZO electronic insurance confirmation (eVB) Bank details for vehicle tax (SEPA direct debit mandate) For further information, please contact your local authority. if necessary, e.B additional evidence about: Name and address of the applicant and the tax office responsible for him in accordance with Paragraph 21 of the Tax Code Name and address of the supplier Day of first commissioning Mileage on the day of delivery Vehicle type, vehicle manufacturer (brand), vehicle type and vehicle identification number Purpose in the case of representation by a third party: your written authorisation and your identity document (in the original); the authorised representative must be able to identify himself with his valid identity card/passport. in the case of admission to minors: the written consent of the legal guardians and their identity cards (in the original); if necessary, a certificate of sole custody (so-called "negative certificate") for single parents

Vehicles whose initial registration in another EU Member State is not more than 6 months ago or whose previous mileage is less than 6,000 km shall be deemed to be new vehicles in accordance with Section 1b of the UStG. If you have vehicle tax arrears or have arrears of fees and expenses from previous registration procedures, the registration authority refuses to register until you have paid them. If someone allows your vehicle for you, the agent must present a written authorisation from you. This must also include a declaration of consent that the licensing authority may inform the authorised representative of any outstanding arrbean fees and expenses.
Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV) Charging regulations for road transport measures (GebOSt)

Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of Economy, Energy, Transport and Housing

Last update or date of publication