Apply for permission to sell goods occasionally
You would like to go on a special occasion, such as a public festival, a trade fair or a market (e.g. fair, Christmas market, etc.) Offer goods for immediate sale? If you have permission from the competent authority for this, you do not need a travel trade card.
If you would like to offer goods for immediate sale on the occasion of a trade fair or exhibition, a market (e.g. fair, Christmas market, etc.), as part of public events or festivals (e.g. municipal festival, shooting festival, inauguration parties, etc.) or in the context of another comparable event, you do not need a travel trade card if you have permission from the responsible authority for this. A permit is sufficient, which you must apply for at the competent authority. If you already have a travel trade card, this is sufficient. In this case, you no longer need additional permission to sell on the occasion of such an event.
After applying for a permit, the competent authority decides whether it agrees to your application to sell the goods. The competent authority grants permission for a specific location and for a specific event, i.e. for a limited period.
Permission is not transferable. It does not replace any other permits and permits that may have to be obtained from other authorities (e.g. road or road traffic permits special use permits).
Copy of the identity card or passport with registration certificate, or presentation on site. Information on the location and type of sales stand as well as the range of goods.
- Written form required: no
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
- You want to offer goods (not services) at a specific event or occasion.
- The sale of the goods you wish to offer must not be prohibited in the travel industry (e.g. precious metals, precious stones, alcohol are prohibited with certain exceptions)
- They offer the goods at the event itself, but at least on the fringes of the event in question. There must therefore be a temporal and spatial connection to the event (e.g. on the forecourt or the access roads).
If you are already in possession of a travel trade card that entitles you to offer certain goods or goods of all kinds, you do not also need the permission of the competent authority if you want to offer corresponding goods for sale at the organization of trade fairs, exhibitions, markets or public festivals.
The trade permit does not replace any permits or permits required by other specialist law (e.g. road law).
§ 55a paragraph 1 number 1 Of the Industrial Code (GewO)
- You shall apply for authorisation from the competent authority, accompanied by the necessary documents.
- The decision of the authority will be communicated to you in text form or in writing.
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication