Check the granting factors of the permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The commercial performance of transport services with vehicles with a maximum permissible weight, including trailers over 3.5 tonnes, is subject to authorisation. A distinction must be made between a licence for the commercial carriageway of goods (applicable only in Germany) and a Community licence (applicable within the European Union). The main factors of grant are: professional suitability Specialist examination before the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK) or training as a transport specialist or forwarding agent (training started before 04.12.2011) financial capacity equity of EUR 9,000 for the first vehicle, EUR 5,000 for each additional motor vehicle) personal reliability A certificate of management and information from the central register of trades must be applied for at the civic offices and sent directly from the local authority. If entrepreneurs are already self-employed, safety certificates from the tax office, the health insurance funds of the employees and the trade association must also be presented. The personal reliability documents may not be older than 3 months when applying). The application is submitted to the local competent licensing authority (headquarters of the company).

Police certificate (will be sent to the competent authority after application has been submitted to the Citizen's Office) Extracts from the trade and driving suitability register Proof of the ihk's examination of expertise and expertise Safety certificates issued by the tax office and social security institutions Equity certificate / balance sheet The documents may not be older than 3 months at the time of application. Please ask the competent authority if you need to submit further documents.

The application must be submitted in writing. There are no special requirements for the shape. The application forms, which are publicly available on the Authority's website, facilitate the submission of applications and should therefore be sent in full to the competent authority. A personal appearance in the authority is usually not necessary No online service possible The forms are available as described below:

Related Links

The permit for commercial road haulage is granted to you only if: ensure the safety and performance of the operation, there are no facts that demonstrate your unreliability as an entrepreneur or the persons appointed to conduct the business, you are professionally suited as an entrepreneur or the person appointed to conduct the business, and You and the contractors you have entrusted with the performance of transport services have their registered office or establishment within the meaning of commercial law in Germany.
You must apply to the competent authority for a Community licence (EU licence) or a national road haulage licence. The application for a licence or Community licence must comply with the content of Annex 1 to the General Administrative Regulation on Road Transport Law (GüKVwV). The competent authority shall take a final decision on the application.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication