European elections Correct voters' register
Anyone who considers the voters' register for the European elections to be incorrect or incomplete can lodge an objection to the voters' register within the inspection period and have the error corrected.
If the electoral roll for the European elections contains incorrect information or is incomplete, you can have this corrected. Within the period for inspection of the voters' register from the 20th to the 16th day before the election, a correction is possible by a formal and timely objection to the municipal authority. An appeal may be lodged against the decision of the municipal authority within two days of notification of the decision.
If the voters' register is obviously incorrect or incomplete, the municipal authority may also remedy the deficiency ex officio.
The voters' register must be completed by the municipal authority no later than the day before the election, but not earlier than the third day before the election.
You need conclusive documents that prove the need for correction in the voters' register or, in the absence of an entry, proof of eligibility to vote.
None, but objection to the voters' register.
If the electoral roll is incorrect or incomplete, the electoral roll will be corrected.
§ 22 European Election Regulations (EuWO)
§ 21 European Election Regulations (EuWO)
§ 4 European Elections Act (EuWG)
§ 17 Abs. 1 Bundeswahlgesetz (BWahlG)
You can have the voters' register for the European elections corrected as follows:
- If, upon inspection of the electoral roll, you find that it is incorrect or incomplete, you can lodge an objection with the municipal authority to have the electoral roll corrected. You must lodge your objection in writing or in writing with the municipal authority by the end of the objection period (16th day before the election) at the latest.
- Insofar as the alleged facts are not obvious, you must provide the necessary evidence.
- If the voters' register is incorrect or incomplete, the municipal authority will correct the voters' register. In the event of subsequent entry in the voters' register, you will receive an election notification.
- If the voters' register is correct and complete, a negative decision will be issued.
- The municipal authority must serve its decision no later than the 10th day before the election and indicate the admissible remedy.
An appeal may be lodged against the decision of the municipal authority within two days of notification.
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication