Apply for a driver's certificate for international road haulage Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Anyone who, as a commercial road haulage company with Community licences, uses driving personnel who do not belong to a Member State of the European Union (EU) or a State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or Switzerland, each requires a driver's certificate for the persons concerned. This is requested by the company for the driving staff. The scheme serves as proof that there is no illegal or abusive employment of workers from non-EU countries. The driver's certificate entitles the driver to drive the vehicle on behalf of the road haulage company within the EU. It shall be granted for a period of up to 5 years. However, it may also be limited to a shorter period if the residence permit or passport expires earlier. When the employment relationship is terminated, the driver's certificate must be returned to the approval authority. The driver must carry the original driver's certificate with him every time they travel. A certified copy of the driver's certificate shall be kept in the company's premises.

Community licence of the applicant company the following documents of the driving staff as a copy: driving licence passport residence permit work permit Social Security Card

Responsible for the content
Bavarian State Ministry of Housing, Construction and Transport

Last update or date of publication