Request rectification of personal data

You have a right to have the data that an authority processes about you, for example, correct. Therefore, request the rectification of your data if you notice that incorrect data is being processed by you.

The registration authority is obliged to correct or complete incorrect or incomplete personal data.
If you discover that the registration authority is processing incorrect or incomplete personal data about you, you can request the correction or completion of this data informally.

The authority then checks whether the data are in fact incorrect or incomplete. If this is the case, the data will be corrected or completed.

In order to prove that the personal data processed is incorrect or incomplete, it may be necessary to provide documents from which the correct data is obtained.



Prerequisites for a correction are, on the one hand, incorrect or incomplete data and, on the other hand, the unequivocal determination of incorrectness or incompleteness.

The registration authority must also be aware of the correct data.

Related Links

  • § 6 paragraph 1 federal registration law
  • § 12 Federal Registration Act

As soon as you have requested a correction of inaccurate personal data and the authority determines that the data is indeed incorrect, the correction will take place if the authority is aware of the correct data.

You will be informed of the outcome of the examination of your request for correction.

The registration authority also informs those public bodies to which the incorrect or incomplete data have been transmitted in the context of regular data transfers in accordance with the Federal Registration Act.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of the Interior and Europe Mecklenburg Vorpommern

Last update or date of publication