Deregister ingeslation of residence due to emigration Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you move out of your sole apartment and do not move into another home in Germany, you will need to unsubscribe. This is regularly the case when you move abroad. If you move within Germany, you do not have to unsubscribe. It is sufficient if you register with your new municipality.

Confirmation of the housing provider

For persons under 16 years of age, care must be taken to ensure that they are deregistered by the persons from whose accommodation they move out.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of the Interior (BMI), Unit VII2

Last update or date of publication