Document the father's waiver of the transfer of custody
Parental consent to the adoption of a child is a statutory requirement for adoption. In the case of newborns, consent may not be given until the child is eight weeks old. If the parents are not married and have not made a joint declaration of custody, then consent of the legal father to adoption is possible before the child is born. If, on the other hand, the father has made an application for the transfer of custody, that application must be decided before the adoption of the child.
Identity card or passport Recognition of paternity or court order establishing paternity
- Section 1747 ff Civil Code (BGB) Opens in new window
- Section 1671 Civil Code (BGB) Opens in new window
- Section 59 Eighth Book of the Social Code (SGB VIII) Opens in new window
- Section 51 Eighth Book of the Social Code (SGB VIII) Opens in new window
- Section 1592 Of the Civil Code (BGB) Opens in new window
The Youth Office must advise the father, who is not married to his mother, on the exercise of his rights. The father may waive the request for transfer of parental custody. This declaration must be certified in public or notarised.
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication