Apply for educational assistance Support from care assistants

Parenting assistance can help your child in everyday life, in dealing with you as a parent and with social problems. Possible aids are: Conversations about problems, fears and behavior Help in coming to terms with stressful experiences Support in problem solving with family, friends, teachers or other people Assistance with administrative procedures for older young people: support in finding work and housing, help with detachment from parents Help for independence Note: In contrast to "socio-educational family assistance", an educational assistant concentrates his help largely on the child or young person in question. If possible, it includes the social environment.

Please clarify with the Youth Welfare Office which documents you have to submit.

Please contact the responsible youth welfare office. The Youth Welfare Office assesses the case and decides whether a parenting assistance is suitable for your child. It will help you with the application and also advise you on other ways to help. If the aid is approved, all those involved jointly draw up a help plan. It defines the procedure, the objectives and the duration of the aid. In regular discussions, the Youth Welfare Office reviews the progress of the aid and whether changes would make sense.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication