Lodge a technical supervisory complaint

Do you think an official decision is wrong? Then you can file a specialist supervisory complaint.

You can lodge a specialist supervisory complaint against an official decision or measure that you consider to be incorrect in terms of content.

Note: The complaint does not prevent or postpone the decision or action of the authority. Deadlines also continue.

If you want to prevent this, you must

  • lodge an objection,
  • bring an action, or
  • apply for urgent judicial proceedings.

Documents are not required. If you lodge the technical supervisory complaint not with the source authority but with the next higher authority, it is advisable to attach copies of the documents.


You are the addressee of a decision or measure of an authority and consider the decision to be incorrect in terms of content.


Due to the constitutional principle of judicial independence, decisions of the courts and - in this respect treated as such - decisions of the Land Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information and the members of the Court of Auditors may
not with the technical supervisory complaint, but only by a court.

Related Links

  • Art. 17 Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany
  • Art. 11 of the Constitution for Rhineland-Palatinate (Verf RP)

If possible, submit the complaint to the supervisory authority in writing (also by e-mail) with justification. A special form is not necessary.

The Authority shall consider whether it can take a different decision on the merits. If this is the case, you will receive information about the changed decision.

If it does not take a different decision, it shall normally submit its complaint to the next higher authority. This will then decide on the complaint and inform you of the result.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication