Apply for permission to use the professional title as a nurse from the EU/EEA/Switzerland Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

As a recognition authority, the State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Care (LSJV) examines the vocational qualification obtained abroad for equivalence with German vocational training. The identification of any significant differences between vocational training acquired in Germany and vocational training acquired abroad is carried out. After the examination of equivalence, a declaratory decision is issued. After the determination of equivalence and proof of further personal requirements, permission is granted to use the professional title.

Up-to-date, complete tabular list of the completed training and further education as well as the gainful activities carried out (professional CURRICULUM vitae) in German. - Proof of identity (identity card/passport) in simple copy - Proof(s) of vocational training completed abroad (e.B. diploma, examination certificate) Where applicable, a certificate from the competent authority of the Member State stating that: - the training complies with the minimum requirements laid down in Article 31 in conjunction with point 5.2.1 of Annex V to Directive 2005/36/EC, or - that during the five years preceding the issue of the certificate, the profession of nurse has been effectively and lawfully pursued for at least three consecutive years.

Equivalence with the German education, which is proven by an examination by the recognition authority.

Documents are - in the original/native language as an officially certified copy of the original, and - in German translation as a simple copy. To certify copies, please contact your city, municipal or district administration in Germany; abroad to the diplomatic missions of the Federal Republic of Germany or notaries (certification text in German translation if necessary!). Certification by translators, auditors, lawyers or copies of certified copies is not accepted. Only translations carried out in Germany or abroad by a publicly appointed or sworn interpreter or translator/ -in. Translations made abroad must come from an institution authorized to provide a sworn translation (or equivalent) in that country.
Applicants from abroad submit the documents directly to the Rhineland-Palatinate State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Care. There, the documents are checked for completeness and, if necessary, documents are requested if they are not complete.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication