Apply for permission to use the professional title from EU/EEA/Switzerland

You come from Switzerland or another EU or EEA country and want to work as a speech therapist in Germany? Then you need permission to use this job title.

As a recognition authority, the State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Care (LSJV) examines the vocational qualification obtained abroad for equivalence with German vocational training. The identification of any significant differences between vocational training acquired in Germany and vocational training acquired abroad is carried out. After the examination of equivalence, a declaratory decision is issued. After the determination of equivalence and proof of further personal requirements, permission is granted to use the professional title.

Up-to-date, complete tabular list of the completed training and further education as well as the gainful activities carried out (professional CURRICULUM vitae) in German.

- Proof of identity (identity card/passport) in simple copy

- Proof(s) of vocational training completed abroad (e.g. diploma, diploma, examination certificate)


- Subjects and hours of theoretical and practical lessons/exercises as well as internships during the training with hours

- Duration and content of the practical training (clinical internships) with indication of the individual departments

Point evaluations (e.g. ECTS) and grades are not sufficient, not even weekly hours without specifying the number of weeks per training year/semester. If necessary, appropriate proof must be requested from the training centre or the competent health authority in the home country/training country.

- Evidence of relevant professional experience, if available.

Related Links

  • Application form
  • further application forms


Equivalence with the German education, which is proven by an examination by the recognition authority.


Documents are

- in the original/native language as an officially certified copy of the original, and

- in German translation as a simple copy .

To certify copies , please contact your city, municipal or district administration in Germany; abroad to the diplomatic missions of the Federal Republic of Germany or notaries (certification text in German translation if necessary!).

Certification by translators, auditors, lawyers or copies of certified copies is not accepted .

Only translations carried out in Germany or abroad by a publicly appointed or sworn interpreter or translator/
-in. Translations made abroad must come from an institution authorised to provide a sworn translation (or equivalent) in that country.

Related Links

  • Act on the Profession of Speech Therapist (LogG)
  • Training and Examination Regulations for Speech Therapists (LogAPrO)

Applicants from abroad submit the documents directly to the Rhineland-Palatinate State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Care. There, the documents are checked for completeness and, if necessary, documents are requested if they are not complete.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication