Request a corpse passport

For the transfer of a corpse to another federal state, a corpse passport is only required if this or a federal state touched on the journey requires one. As a rule, a corpse passport is required for the transfer of a corpse abroad, if the destination country or a country touched on the journey requires one. The corpse passport is issued in several languages.

death certificate or a certificate from the registrar certifying the entry of the death in the list of reported but not yet certified deaths non-confidential part of the death certificate, a written declaration by the funeral contractor that the corpse is scarred in accordance with the provisions of the Funeral Act and this Ordinance and transferred by a mortuary vehicle, where appropriate, a permit from the Health Board where health concerns are raised against the transfer in cases of corpse discovery and suspicion of unnatural death written permission of the Public Prosecutor's Office To the extent that a foreign State requires further information for transport on its territory, it shall be included in the mortuary passport.

The corpse passport must be requested by the relative responsible for the burial or by the funeral company responsible for transporting it.