Housing benefit Granting of an increase Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

You can apply for a new application for a higher housing benefit as a subsidy to your housing costs in the current housing benefit if: your total income has decreased, the number of household members to be taken into account has increased, or your rent or charge on residential property has increased. These changes may, but do not necessarily, lead to an increase in housing benefit. The increase in housing benefit takes place from the date of application. As a rule, a retrospective increase in housing benefit is not possible.

You must attach the following documents to your application for an increase in housing benefit: Proof of income (salary certificate, pension certificate, etc.), Rental contract or documentation on the cost of the residential property you use, if you are its owner. Proof of the change that has occurred.

The application form with attachment can be obtained from the relevant housing benefit authority or for download on the website of the Ministry of Finance.

Related Links

The prerequisites for an increase in housing benefit are: the reduction of income by more than 15%, increasing the number of household members, increase in rent or burden on residential property by more than 15%. These changes can, but do not, lead to an increase in housing benefit.

If your financial situation or circumstances have improved or changed, there may also be a reduction in housing benefit. You are obliged to notify the Housing Benefit Authority without delay any changes that may lead to a reduction in housing benefit. In order to avoid or detect the illegal use of housing benefit, the Housing Benefit Authority may regularly check household members by means of a so-called data comparison.
You will only receive a higher housing benefit on an increase application. You must submit the request for an increase to the local housing benefit authority. After processing the application, the housing benefit authority issues a notice.