Apply for conversion permit

Would you like to clear existing forest on your property and convert it into a different type of land use .B a field or a meadow? According to the provisions of the Land Forest Act, you may only clear forests with the permission of the Forestry Office and convert it into another type of land use. The authorisation may be granted on a temporary basis and against conditions such as.

A written request is required.

Approval shall be granted if: if there is no overriding public interest in the conservation of the forest (conversion)
The Forestry Office decides on your application after weighing up the rights, obligations and economic interests of forest owners and the interests of the general public against each other and among themselves and having consulted the competent authorities. This procedure ensures that all arguments for or against conversion are adequately taken into account and that the Forestry Office can, on this basis, manage forest development in a sound manner.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication