City planner list Apply for registration as an urban planner
Here you will find information on how to register in the list of architects of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate, specialising in urban planning, or how to apply for membership in the Rhineland-Palatinate Chamber of Architects.
Registration with the Rhineland-Palatinate Chamber of Architects is the basis for using the protected professional title 'Urban Planner'.
- certificates and diplomas of higher education (Bachelor and Master, Diploma);
- Specialisation in interior design, landscape architecture, urban planning: proof of activity of practical activity carried out after completion of vocational training;
- Proof of participation in the training measures required for registration in accordance with § 6 of the State Ordinance on the Implementation of the Architects Act;
In the case of freelance or construction work:
- Confirmation by the insurer of professional indemnity insurance in accordance with § 11 of the Professional Code;
- Proof of establishment / office location in Rhineland-Palatinate (e.B. rental agreement) or proof of residence in Rhineland-Palatinate, which must not be older than three months (e.B. confirmation of registration) or proof of the place of predominant professional activity (e.B. rental contract for office space, employment contract);
- Application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority (document type O / authority number T7932), if applicable § 2 para. 2 State Ordinance for the Implementation of the Architects Act;
Note: The Architects Act contains very differentiated registration requirements (e.B. for the completion of training). On this basis, the Chamber of Architects may request further documents in addition to the documents mentioned (e.B. proof of nationality). Please inquire in good time with the Chamber of Architects.
You can download the corresponding application forms from the Rhineland-Palatinate Chamber of Architects, as well as the corresponding "Information on the application" and further information.
Application forms in the registration portal
- Establishment, residence or predominant occupation in Rhineland-Palatinate;
- a final examination in a course of study corresponding to the relevant field of study with a standard period of study of at least four years;
- a subsequent practical activity of at least two years;
proof of participation in eight training events recognised by the Registration Committee (a total of 64 hours).
In the case of university degrees completed abroad, an expert opinion on the comparability of foreign educational qualifications must first be obtained.
§ 5 Architects Act (ArchG)
State Ordinance on the Implementation of the Architects Act (ArchKEintrV RP)
Statutes on the costs of the procedure for entry in the professional registers
§ 64 Landesbauordnung Rheinland-Pfalz (LBauO)
The application is submitted to the Registration Committee of the Chamber of Architects Rhineland-Palatinate for a decision. The Registration Committee is a body with judicial independence that verifies that the conditions for an entry are met.
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication