Architects' list Registration of German applicants
Here you will find information on the entry in the list of architects of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate or on applying for membership in the Chamber of Architects of Rhineland-Palatinate.
The registration with the Chamber of Architects of Rhineland-Palatinate is the basis for the title of protected professional title 'architect/architect', 'interior architect/interior architect', 'landscape architect/landscape architect' and 'urban planner/urban planner'. In connection with the membership is the building template authorization for architects and the limited building template authorization for interior architects in accordance with Section 64 para. 2 LBauO.
- Certificates and diplomas of higher education (bachelor and master's, diploma).
Specialization architecture: Detailed proof of the professional internship required pursuant to Section 5 (1) sentence 2 of the Architects Act i.V. .m. Section 2 of the Chamber of Architects of Rhineland-Palatinate for practical work under supervision in the field of architecture of 21 February 2017.
Specialization in interior design, landscape architecture, urban planning: proof of activity after completion of vocational training.
- Proof of participation in the training measures required for registration in accordance with Section 6 of the National Ordinance on the Implementation of the Architects Act.
- In the case of a freelance or construction activity: Confirmation by the insurer of professional insinuation insurance in accordance with Section 11 of the Professional Code.
- Proof of branch /office in Rhineland-Palatinate (e.B. rental contract) or proof of residence in Rhineland-Palatinate, which may not be older than three months (e.B. registration confirmation) or proof of the place of predominant professional activity (e.B. lease agreement for office space, employment contract)
- Application for a certificate of leadership for submission to an authority (document type O / authority number T7932), if applicable, Section 2 (2) of the Land Ordinance for the Implementation of the Architects Act.
Note: The Architects' Act contains very differentiated registration requirements (e.B. for completion of training). On this basis, the Chamber of Architects may request further documents in addition to the documents mentioned (e.B. proof of nationality). Please check with the Chamber of Architects in good time.
The corresponding application forms can be downloaded from the Chamber of Architects of Rhineland-Palatinate, as well as the corresponding "Notes on application" and further information.
Application forms in the registration portal
- an establishment, domicile or the predominant practice of the profession in Rhineland-Palatinate,
- a final examination in a course corresponding to the subject area concerned with a standard period of study of at least four years;
- a subsequent practical activity of at least two years,
proof of participation in 8 training events recognised by the Registration Committee (a total of 64 hours)
In the case of university degrees completed abroad, an expert opinion on the comparability of foreign educational qualifications must first be obtained.
Section 5 Architects' Act (ArchG)
State Ordinance for the Implementation of the Architects Act (ArchKEintrV RP)
Statutes on the costs of the procedure for entry in the professional registers
Section 64 Rhineland-Palatinate Land Building Code (LBauO)
The application will be submitted to the Registration Committee of the Chamber of Architects of Rhineland-Palatinate for a decision. The Registration Committee is a judicially independent body which checks whether the conditions for an entry are met.
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication