List of architects Registration for diplomas from abroad

The registration with the Chamber of Architects of Rhineland-Palatinate is the basis for the title of protected professional title 'architect/architect', 'interior architect/interior architect', 'landscape architect/landscape architect' and 'urban planner/urban planner'. Linked to the membership is the building template authorization for architects and the limited building template authorization for interior architects in accordance with Section 64 (2) of the Land Building Code.

All certificates and diplomas of higher education (bachelor and master' diploma) in original language and German translation (recognised translation agency); Detailed proof of the practical professional activity required by Section 5 (1) sentence 2 of the Architects Act; Proof of participation in the training measures required for registration in accordance with Section 6 of the National Decree implementing the Architects Act; In the case of a freelance or construction business activity: confirmation by the insurer of professional insinuation insurance in accordance with Section 12 (in the future, Section 11) of the Professional Code; Proof of establishment/office in Rhineland-Palatinate (e.B. rental contract) or proof of residence in Rhineland-Palatinate, which may not be older than three months (e.B.g. registration confirmation) or proof of the place of predominant professional activity (e.B. lease agreement for office space, employment contract); Proof of application for a certificate of leadership for submission to an authority.

The corresponding application forms can be downloaded from the Chamber of Architects of Rhineland-Palatinate, as well as the corresponding "Notes on application" and further information.

Related Links

establishment, residence or the predominant practice of the profession in Rhineland-Palatinate; a final examination in a course corresponding to the subject concerned with a standard period of study of at least four years; a subsequent practical activity of at least two years; proof of participation in eight training events recognised by the Registration Committee (a total of 64 hours).

In the case of university degrees completed abroad, an expert opinion on the comparability of foreign educational qualifications must first be obtained.
The application will be submitted to the Registration Committee of the Chamber of Architects of Rhineland-Palatinate for a decision. The Registration Committee is a judicially independent body which checks whether the conditions for an entry are met. In the case of university degrees completed abroad, an expert opinion on the comparability of foreign educational qualifications must first be obtained from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB). The competent body compares your professional qualification with the German professional qualification as "architect" or "architect". Your professional practice, other qualifications and other qualifications (equivalence test) are taken into account.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication