Applying for recognition as an investment company
As a private equity company, you need appropriate recognition.
The business purpose of an investment company is to make capital available to other companies by acquiring and holding shareholdings. In this way, the equity capital of the economy is to be promoted. A company holding company requires recognition by the competent supreme state authority.
A written application shall be accompanied by a single copy or as publicly certified copies:
- The articles of association or articles of association as amended,
- the documents on the appointment of the Executive Board, the Managing Director or general partners and the documents on the appointment of the Supervisory Board.
In the case of a company holding company which is to be operated in the legal form of a limited partnership or partnership limited by shares and in which a general partner is a legal person,
- a document of appointment of the managing bodies of the legal person,
- an excerpt from the commercial register according to the latest status or
- a confirmation by the registry court that the entry of the company in the commercial register depends only on the recognition as a company holding company.
Informal written request
The recognition as an investment company is published in the Federal Gazette.
§ 15 Act on Private Equity Companies (UBGG)
§ 2 of the State Fee Act (LGebG)
§ 1 No. 10 of the Annex to the Land Ordinance on the Fees of the Authorities of the Economic Administration (Special List of Fees)
- Written application with associated attachments
- Examination of the application documents for jurisdiction and completeness
- In case of incompleteness: Request documents later, if necessary subsequent submission possible
- If complete, the examination and decision is made
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication