Residence Registration for bargemen and seafarers Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you are moving to an inland waterway vessel registered for a domestic register, you must register. If you are sailing on a seagoing vessel that is entitled to fly the federal flag, the shipowner will register you. For this purpose, you must provide the shipowner with the necessary information. In both cases, the registration obligation does not apply if you are registered for an apartment in Germany.

Confirmation of the housing provider

The inland waterway vessel must be registered for a register of ships inland. The seagoing vessel must be entitled to fly the federal flag.

In the case of inland waterway vessels, the rules on general reporting requirements apply.

Responsible for the content
BMI, Dr. Laier, RL VII2

Last update or date of publication