Religious Education Deregistration
Students take part in the religious instruction of their confession. (In the school year 2018/2019, Protestant, Catholic, free-religious, Mennonite, Alevi and Islamic religious instruction will be offered in Rhineland-Palatinate as part of the exemplary testing). Religious education is a regular subject. Participation can be refused in writing by the parents, from the age of 14 by the students. Parents must be informed of the deregistration of underage pupils. Students who do not attend religious education attend ethics classes. Pupils of a religious community for whom no religious instruction is established at the school, but who participate to a comparable extent in a lesson recognized as corresponding by the school authority, are exempt from the obligation to attend ethics lessons.
The deregistration from the religion must be stated in writing.
- § 26 School Regulations for Public Vocational Schools (BBiSchulO RP) Opens in new window
- § 25 School Regulations for Public Primary Schools (GrSchulO RP) Opens in new window
- § 40 School Regulations for the Public Realschulen plus, Integrated Comprehensive Schools, Grammar Schools, Colleges and Evening Grammar Schools (Comprehensive School Regulations) Opens in new window
- Art. 7 sec. 3 basic law (GG) Opens in new window
- § 29 School Regulations for Public Special Schools (SoSchulO RP) Opens in new window
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication