Religious education Deregistration
Students take part in the religious instruction of their confession. (In the school year 2018/2019, Protestant, Catholic, free-religious, Mennonite, Alevi and model testing of Islamic religious instruction will be offered in Rhineland-Palatinate. Religious education is a regular subject. The parents may refuse to participate in writing from the age of 14. The deregistration of underage pupils must be communicated to the parents. Students who do not participate in religious education attend ethics classes. Pupils of a religious community for which no religious instruction is established at the school, but who participate to a comparable extent in a course recognised by the school authority as corresponding, are exempt from the obligation to attend ethics classes.
The deregistration from the religious submission must be made in writing.
- Section 25 School Regulations for Public Primary Schools (GrSchulO RP)
- Section 29 School Regulations for Special Public Schools (SoSchulO RP)
- Section 40 School Regulations for Public Secondary Schools plus, Integrated Comprehensive Schools, High Schools, Colleges and Evening Grammar Schools (Comprehensive School Regulations)
- Section 26 School Regulations for Public Vocational Schools (BBiSchulO RP)
- Art. 7 sec. 3 Basic Law (GG)