Birth register expression

A certified expression from the birth register (early birth register) shows all the data entered by the registry office in connection with the birth. You will receive the document, including any marginal comments, either as a expression from the electronic register or Copy or exact copy of the birth record from the birth register. In addition to birth information (including time of birth and additional parental information), the term also includes subsequent changes, such as adoption or name change. The exact time (hour and minute) of your birth is also communicated to you by the registry office on request, without the need to issue a certificate. Fees may apply.

To apply for a certified expression from the birth register, you need: Your identity card or passport in the case of application or collection by a representative: written authorisation and the applicant's identity card or passport (original or certified copy) and the identity card or passport of the representative in the original or as a certified copy proof of their legal interest, if any, for other persons

The personal data of the civil status registers are subject to data protection. Applicants (minimum age: 16 years): the person to which the entry refers the spouse or civil partner (within the meaning of the Registered Partnership Act), ancestors and descendants of the person concerned (e.g. children and grandchildren), Siblings with legitimate interest Other persons, including close relatives such as aunts and uncles, will only receive a document if they can establish a legal interest (examples: letter from the probate court, court ruling or enforceable title).
Personal application Visit the registry office that certified the birth. Guests are required to present their identity card or passport to legitimise it. You usually pay the fee when applying to the registry office. In addition to yourself, a person of your trust may also order and collect the certificate for you. In addition to a written authorisation, she presents your identity card or passport (original or certified copy) and your own identity card or passport. Application by post or fax Send an informal letter to the competent registry office asking you to provide you with a certified expression from the birth register. Your letter should include the following information: Name, First Name Date and place of birth Name, first name of parents if known: registry office and certificate number Attach a certified copy of your identity card or passport to the letter By sending the certificate, you will receive a fee notice. Depending on the offer of the city or municipality, you can also submit the application online.