Deregistering the residence of the secondary dwelling

If you move out of an annexe and do not move into another domestic apartment, you must unsubscribe.

existing personal documents (identity card and/or passport) In case of doubt, the registration authority may request a confirmation of the move out of a secondary dwelling in Germany without a new apartment being purchased in Germany.

For persons under 16 years of age, care must be taken to ensure that they are deregistered by the persons from whose accommodation they move out.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of the Interior (BMI), Unit VII2

Last update or date of publication