European Professional Card Recognition Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Would you like to work temporarily or permanently in other European countries? Then you can apply for the European Professional Card to prove that your professional qualification is recognised by another EU country.
Would you like to pursue your profession temporarily or permanently in another European country?
The European Professional Card (EPC) is an electronic proof that your professional qualification is recognised by another EU country. Upon request, the EPC will be issued to you in an electronic procedure (EPC procedure).
The EPC offers the following advantages for professionals:
- general information on required documents, further procedures and possible costs in the destination country;
- quick and easy completion of all necessary administrative steps, regardless of time and place;
- transparent and clear communication in the mother tongue with the authorities responsible for processing applications;
- Ability to update personal data and protect it from misuse;
- Easy application for recognition in different countries thanks to the possible reuse of documents in different applications.
The European Professional Card offers you the following advantages:
- The authorities of your country of origin check the completeness and confirm the authenticity and validity of your documents.
- If you wish to apply for establishment or temporary provision of services in another EU country in the future, your dossier is already in the system and you do not have to upload your documents a second time. This saves you time on further applications.
- If the authorities responsible for your application do not take a decision within the specified period, recognition will take place automatically.
The authorities may require certified copies of the documents you uploaded when submitting the electronic application.
Online procedure European Professional Card
You can use the EPC procedure if you wish to pursue your profession temporarily or permanently in another EU or EEA country.
The EPC procedure can currently only be used for the following professions:
- Nurse for General Care
- Mountain guide
- Real Estate Agent
Professionals with a different profession still have to use standard procedures for the recognition of their professional qualifications. However, the EPC procedure may be extended to other professions in the future.
Website of the EU Commission "Your Europe"
BIBB's "Recognition in Germany" internet portal
If you cannot use the EPC procedure for your professional qualification, you can find information on the standard recognition procedures here
Network of Points of Single Contact in Germany
Network of Points of Single Contact in Europe
European Professional Card - EPC
Directive on the recognition of professional qualifications
First, you need to log in to the European Commission's Authentication Service (ECAS) and choose a username and password.
Then create your profile with the details of yourself (identity card or passport number, last name, nationality) and your contact details (address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.). Your personal details will be in your EPC.
After you have created your profile, you can submit the application for the EPC. To do this, go to the start page. When applying, you will find out which documents are required for the recognition of your professional qualification. You can upload the documents directly. Please upload each document as a separate file.
Then send the application together with the documents to the competent authority of your country of origin.
The competent authority shall process your application and, if necessary, submit it to the authorities of the host country for further processing.
Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to change your personal details. An update can only be made by the authority that processes your file. However, you can update your contact details at any time. You can track your application online and reuse documents that have already been uploaded for new applications for other countries.
After approving your application, you can create an EPC certificate in PDF format. The EPC certificate contains a reference number. With this reference number, your future employer can check the validity of your EPC online.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication