Registering prostitution activity
The Prostitute Protection Act requires the prior notification of prostitution activities to the competent authority. Registration must be made in person. Persons wishing to work as prostitutes or prostitutes must provide health advice before registering for the first time. In order to prove the notification has been made, the competent authority shall issue a certificate of notification to the person subject to notification. This registration certificate may also be issued in anonymised form. Administrative services are subject to a fee. Violations of the notification obligation can be punished accordingly by law.
A certificate of mandatory health advice is required for registration. In addition, an identity card/passport/passport replacement or replacement of an id card and, if applicable, proof of eligibility for foreign persons not entitled to free movement must be presented.
In Germany, both prostitution in buildings and street prostitution are no longer considered immoral. Prostitution is prohibited, for example, if a corresponding ordinance (so-called restricted district ordinance) defines certain places or times during which the practice of prostitution is prohibited. Within these areas.B, for example, for the protection of youth and public decency, it is possible to prohibit the pursuit of prostitution on roads, paths, squares and bridges, in railway stations and in all places that are public or can be viewed by the public. Violations of these rules constitute administrative offences which can be punished with a fine and, in the event of repetition, as criminal offences. In Rhineland-Palatinate, as in other federal states, corresponding restricted areas have been established in some cities.
The registration certificate issued by a Rhineland-Palatinate authority is valid locally without restriction.
- National Ordinance on Fees for Official Acts and Public Services under the Prostitute Protection Act (Special List of Fees) Opens in new window
- National Ordinance on Health Administration Fees (Special List of Fees) Opens in new window
- Ordinance on the procedure for registering an activity as a prostitute or prostitute (Prostitution Registration Ordinance - ProstAV) Opens in new window
- Law on the Protection of Persons Engaged in Prostitution (Prostitute Protection Act - ProstSchG) Opens in new window
- State Ordinance on Responsibilities under the Prostitute Protection Act (ProstSchGZustV RP) Opens in new window
Below you will find information on the procedure:
Responsible for the content
Last update or date of publication