Commercial insurance advice Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Recognising foreign professional qualifications Anyone who wants to advise third parties on insurance for insurance on a commercial basis requires official permission.

Proof of personal reliability: Valid identity card or passport (additionally an up-to-date registration certificate upon presentation of the passport)* Up-to-date extract from the Federal Central Register for submission to an authority (certificate of leadership) Up-to-date extract from the central business register for submission to an authority* *The information must be requested from the municipality of residence for submission to an authority, i.e. it will be sent directly to the municipality of residence. It is essential that you provide the exact address of the competent licensing authority and the intended use when applying. The information can also be requested in the online procedure provided by the Federal Office of Justice/Citizens' Services. The information must not be older than three months Proof of orderly financial circumstances: Up-to-date certificate in tax matters of the competent tax office (to be presented in the original) Extract from the debtor register of the Central Enforcement Court, which can also be requested electronically under Information from the insolvency court as to whether proceedings have been opened (so-called negative certificate) In addition to legal entities: Extract from the register of trade, cooperatives or associations (current copy), or if the cooperative is in the establishment, the social contract Proof of existing professional insinuating insurance (certificate of insurance) Certificate of successfully passed IHK-Expertise Examination or proof of an equivalent professional qualification Note: Please note that the list is not exhaustive. As part of the review of your individual case, further documentation may be required by the competent authority. The start of the permitted activity must be notified to the competent authority. Insurance consultants are obliged to register in the insurance register immediately after taking up their duties.

Related Links

personal reliability orderly financial situation Proof of professional inertial insurance Proof of expertise

Freedom to provide services: Insurance advisers established in a Member State of the European Union or another State Party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area may act in Germany if they can demonstrate that they have been registered in their country of origin in accordance with the law before taking up their duties. They must be reported to the German register of intermediaries via the supervisory authority in their home country. The start of your activity in Germany must be notified to the competent authority. (Link to cross-border provision of services in a profession regulated by the Trade Code) . Establishment: Foreign insurance consultants who wish to establish themselves in Germany under the task of their local branch must, in principle, go through the permit procedure in accordance with Section 34e of the Commercial Code.
Permission must be applied for by the competent authority.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available