Identity card issued new due to theft Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If your identity card has been stolen, you must report the loss to the local passport or identity card authority. You can then apply for a new identity card.

Complaint from the police valid (child) passport or birth certificate, in the case of children under 16 years of age, the consent (declaration) of the legal guardian, in the case of only one legal guardian, in addition to proof of custody, a biometric passport photo (after the photo sample board) possibly a second one for the issuance of a temporary ID if necessary, further documents (e.B. birth or marriage certificate) are required for a one-time check of the name spelling. For more information, please contact the office responsible for you.

The application is only possible in person or, in really absolutely necessary cases, by an authorised representative (individual decision by the specialist office).

Germans within the meaning of Art. 116 sec. 1 of the Basic Law (GG)

important: Should the ID card be found again later, this must be reported to the Bürgeramt and, if necessary, to the Bürgeramt. the deactivated online ID function can be switched on again (subject to a fee) (the latter, however, only if no new identity card has been applied for so far) There are countries that usually do not accept the withdrawal of property search entries (e.g. if the identity document is found again). There, even a recovered identity document remains blocked. A guarantee that recovered identity documents outside Germany will continue to be used without restriction cannot be given. It is therefore suggested that, in the case of trips abroad, do not use identity documents that were once reported as lost or stolen and instead apply for a new identity document. Please note that if the collection is carried out by an authorized person, who carries his own identity card as well as the written power of attorney with regard to the collection, the written declaration of the ID card holder to switch on or off the online ID function, the permission to confirm receipt of the transport PIN, the PUK and the blocking password.
If your identity card has been stolen, the following measures are necessary Notification of loss to the locally responsible passport or identity card authority. The latter must then immediately inform the locally competent police station of any loss of the document. if necessary. Initiate blocking of the online ID function at the issuing authority or have it blocked via the blocking hotline in the case of telephone blocking, identification via the blocking password is required (was sent by Bundesdruckerei with the transport PIN and the PUK) If necessary, have the electronic signature blocked by the provider who purchased the signature certificate If necessary, a temporary ID can also be issued immediately.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available