State-approved curative pedagogues - Recognition Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The equivalence is tested with the degree "Staatlich anerkannte/r Heilpädagogin oder Heilpädagoge", which is awarded in Rhineland-Palatinate to technical schools for social work, specializing in curative education. If there is no extensive equivalence, i.e. if there are significant differences, a decision is made on compensatory measures, i.e. adaptation period or aptitude test at the choice of the applicants. In addition, it is checked whether sufficient German language skills are available for practicing the profession (at least level C1 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages).

Informal declaration for the purpose of the application (recognition as a curative pedagogue must be expressly requested.), informal declaration of all previous applications for professional recognition in Germany, Degree certificates with an overview of subjects and grades, if available, preferably with diploma supplement, employment references for relevant activities, Certificates of German language examinations, Identity card or passport, possibly with residence permit, if applicable, proof of the name change (e.B. by means of a marriage certificate), if applicable, expellee id card or certificate in accordance with the Federal Displaced Persons Act, in the case of residence outside Rhineland-Palatinate, proof that the profession is intended in Rhineland-Palatinate (e.B. by correspondence with a potential employer in Rhineland-Palatinate. All copied documents must be officially certified. Foreign-language documents must be submitted in the original language and as a translation by a publicly appointed or court-sworn interpreter.

The application can be made informally. The application form on the ADD homepage can be used voluntarily.

Related Links

Vocational training must be fully completed in the country of origin (final product). It must enable the independent and self-responsible treatment, promotion and therapy of people with special educational needs of all ages outside of school. The training or the job-related part of the training in the country of origin should be roughly comparable to the educational path in Rhineland-Palatinate (three years of training as an educator or curative education teacher, one year of professional experience, 1 1/2 years of further training as a curative pedagogue). The level of training shall correspond to at least one certificate within the meaning of Article 11(b) of Directive 2005/36/EC.

If recognition as a curative pedagogue is not possible: Applications to daycare centers are still possible. The institution's sponsor (not the applicants!) can apply for an exemption from the day-care centre supervisory authority (in the State Youth Welfare Office) in accordance with the provisions of the "Skilled Workers Agreement for Day Care Centres". In the case of all-day schools, applications must be sent directly to the all-day schools. An up-to-date list can be found on the homepage of the Supervisory and Service Directorate under "" and can be found on the following path: "Schools", "All-day schools", then on the right side "List of all all all-day schools in Rhineland-Palatinate".
Submission of the application with documents, Confirmation of receipt and check for completeness, if necessary additional request for further documents, within one month, completion of the application documents, a decision within three months of receipt of the complete dossier; If compliance with the deadline is not possible, extension of the deadline with justification, Decision on equivalence, if necessary determination of compensatory measures, determination of sufficient German language skills, determination of costs, statistical collection.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available