Educational support Permit for students Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

As a student, you can receive educational support for your livelihood and education. If at least one child under the age of ten lives in your household, you can also receive a childcare supplement. The prerequisite for the support is that you cannot otherwise raise the necessary funds for your livelihood and education. Half of the support for subsistence and half of the support for subsistence and half as a repayable loan are granted. You do not have to repay the childcare supplement.

Formal application Certificate of enrolment Proof of income of the parents and, if applicable, of the spouse or partner Tax assessment from the penultimate calendar year if there is no tax assessment: Printout of the electronic income tax certificate If applicable, certificate from the responsible tax office for the tax-free annual amount of the penultimate calendar year If necessary, further documents may be required. The responsible body will inform you about this.

Rhineland-Palatinate offers you the opportunity to complete your application online. All you have to do is print out the forms, sign them and then send them to the responsible authority. After completing the application forms, you will receive an overview of documents that you must submit additionally. If, in addition, evidence is still missing, these will be requested by the responsible authority from you. BAföG application The required forms are also available from the Offices for Educational Support and can also be printed on the BMBF website.

Related Links

German citizen Foreign citizen depending on residence status Maximum 29 years old upon admission to the Bachelor's or State Examination program, maximum 34 years old upon admission to the Master's degree program, exceptions allowed So far, no three-year training that is eligible for BAföG has been completed (exception: Bachelor's degree before starting the Master's program) Your own income and assets as well as the income of your parents and, if applicable, your spouse or registered partner are not sufficient to finance your education.

BAföG hotline: +49 800 223-6341 (free of charge)

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available