Support for training (BAföG) Authorisation for the visit of a training centre located abroad Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

In many cases, support can also be granted for school attendance, study or traineeship abroad.   You can receive financial support if, as a pupil or as a student, you are otherwise unable to provide the necessary funds for your livelihood and education.

formal application School certificate, enrolment certificate or proof of internship Proof of income of parents and, where applicable, spouse or civil partner Tax notice from the penultimate calendar year / if there is no tax notice: Printing of the electronic payroll tax certificate if necessary, certificate from the competent tax office on the tax-free annual amount of the penultimate calendar year The competent authority will inform you if further documents are required.

Rhineland-Palatinate offers you the opportunity to fill in your application online. All you have to do is print the forms, sign them, and then send them to the appropriate authority. After completing the application forms, you will receive an overview of documents that you will have to submit. If there is no further proof, these will still be requested by the competent authority. The required forms are also available from the competent authorities and are also available on the BMBF's website.

Related Links

German citizens foreign nationals depending on their residence status permanent residence in Germany maximum 29 or 34 years old, exceptions allowed the duration of the training abroad is at least three months Your own income and assets, as well as the income of the parents and, where applicable, the spouse or registered partner are not sufficient to finance the foreign education

If you are not receiving financial support in Germany because of your parents' economic conditions, you can still apply for foreign funding, as additional fees, travel expenses and health insurance are paid for training abroad within the European Union or Switzerland. In the case of training abroad outside the European Union and Switzerland, a monthly supplement may also be granted to compensate for differences in purchasing power. BAföG hotline: +49 800 223-6341 (free)

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available