Birth certificate issuance for home births

If you gave birth to your child at home, each parent of the child with custody is obliged to report the birth. If you, as a parent with custody, are prevented from making the report, any other person who was present at the birth or who has knowledge of the birth from their own knowledge is obliged to report it.

Certificate from the midwife or the doctor about the birth Identity card or passport of the parents if the parents are married to each other: Birth certificates of the parents Marriage certificate or certified printout from the marriage register if the parents are not married to each other: Mother's birth certificate if paternity has already been recognised: Declaration of recognition of paternity with the consent of the mother Father's birth certificate Declaration of custody, if any

Procedure The birth must be reported in person with the necessary documents to the registry office of the place of birth.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication