Financial asset broker permission Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Recognising foreign professional qualifications If you want to work commercially as a financial asset intermediary or financial asset advisor, you need a permit. Commercial intermediaries and consultants of: shares or shares in domestic open-ended investment assets, open-ended EU investment assets or foreign open investment assets that may be sold under the Investment Code; shares or shares in foreign open-ended investment assets, closed-end EU investment assets or foreign closed-end investment assets which may be sold under the Investment Code; Investments within the meaning of the Assets Investment Act.

Proof of personal reliability: Valid identity card or passport (additionally an up-to-date registration certificate upon presentation of the passport)* Up-to-date extract from the Federal Central Register for submission to an authority (certificate of leadership) Up-to-date extract from the central business register for submission to an authority* *The information must be requested from the municipality of residence for submission to an authority, i.e. it will be sent directly to the municipality of residence. It is essential that you provide the exact address of the competent licensing authority and the intended use when applying. The information can also be requested in the online procedure provided by the Federal Office of Justice/Citizens' Services. The information must not be older than three months Proof of orderly financial circumstances: Up-to-date certificate in tax matters of the competent tax office (to be presented in the original) Extract from the debtor register of the Central Enforcement Court, which can also be requested electronically under Information from the insolvency court as to whether proceedings have been opened (so-called negative certificate) In addition to legal entities: Extract from the register of trade, cooperatives or associations (current copy), or if the cooperative is in the establishment, the social contract Proof of existing professional insinuating insurance (certificate of insurance) Certificate of successfully passed IHK-Expertise Examination or proof of an equivalent professional qualification hint: Please note that the list is not exhaustive. As part of the review of your individual case, further documentation may be required by the competent authority. The start of the permitted activity must be notified to the competent authority. At the same time as the trade notice, the application for registration of the permitted activity in the register of intermediaries must be submitted to the licensing authority for transmission to the competent Chamber of Commerce.

Related Links

Your competent authority shall provide you with appropriate forms.

personal reliability orderly financial situation Property damage liability insurance ability

Freedom to provide services: In the event of prior, written or electronic notification of a temporary occasional exercise of financial asset brokerage, nationals of an EU Member State (EU citizens) or a Contracting State to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA citizens) may offer their services independently, provided that the legal requirements are met. Detailed information can be found at the following link: Cross-border provision of services in a profession regulated by the Trade Code Establishment: Eu citizens and EEA citizens who wish to establish themselves permanently in Germany as financial investment intermediaries must, in principle, go through the authorisation procedure.